Making use of the BRAND NEW Cacao Almond Nut Butter at THE PROTEIN WORKS, these brownie-like flour-less cookies are made with a handful of simple, healthy ingredients, take only take 15 minutes to make and I can MASS produce them and keep them at the end of the swimming lane for me to snack on during my 10km swims (sometimes with a tree and sometimes not) that can take anywhere between 3 to 6 hours.
- 125g Cacao Almond But Butter
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 70g unsweetened cocoa powder (pick a good-quality cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60g dark chocolate chips (dairy free or vegan, if desired)
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, egg, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; mix until smooth and well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into large balls (about 2 tablespoons) and place on baking sheet. Slightly flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges are set.
- Do not overbake!
- Once done baking, remove baking sheet from oven and allow cookies to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle each cookie with a little sea salt. Makes 12 cookies.