DARK CHOC STRAWBERRY PROTEIN LOAF
ALL the ingredients in this are functional with health/performance benefits! From the flavanoid content of the dark chocolate to the vitamin C content of the strawberries. Essentially very nutrient dense! PLUS is ready in 5 minutes in the microwave and awesome protein/carb ratio!
*Also nothing against flexible dieting and for some people it works (certainly has psychological benefits for some). But for me personally (who’s striving for health and performance) it’s important to make your foods as nutrient dense as possible!
– 30g Whey Protein (dark chocolate flavour best)
– 2 whole eggs
– 50g dark chocolate (ideally 85% cocoa since healthier)
– 30g coconut flour
– 20g oats (can be gluten free oats)
– 200ml almond milk
– Baking powder (1/2 a teaspoon) and chia seeds being optional as a nutrient-dense addition that packs healthy vitamins and minerals into the loaf’s base.
– Mix ingredients into a bowl
– Whisk until mixture light and almost frothy
– Add more almond milk to achieve the right consistency
– Line loaf tin with greaseproof paper or coconut oil
– Pour in the mixture
– Place the loaf tin into the microwave for 3 minutes
– Remove, (sprinkle chia seeds on top) enjoy and no protein shaker needed!
* Note: At 3 minutes cooking time the lower half of the loaf is soft and very moist which I like. But other people prefer leaving it longer for a thicker/denser consistency. I find that a tiny bit dry though so do adjust to your own tastes until you get it right : )